blOgbuefi

writing to know, knowing thru being, being for writing... this is me, writing about the one thing i know, which is myself... and even that is sometimes a mystery...

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

something about airplanes...

a lot of my vacation poetry was written in transition from one place to another, i.e. in an airplane.
which led me to conclude, that there is something uniquely isolating about airplanes.
they're vessels for transitions and travels through time and space. you're suspended in liminality, between destinations and take-off points, between land and sea and in the sky, consciousness and sub/unconciousness.
don't believe me? well, let's just begin counting how many airplane-inspired poems i have written.
starting with this one...

clouds spread out below me
like a blanket of heaven-rock,
a stretched sea of atmosphere
the sun sinking gently into the west,
fading into fiery raspberry
on the edge of invisible horizon,
wispy dreams swirling pathways
to descent.



image taken from http://doors.stanford.edu/~sr/aerial/Pages/0.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home