blOgbuefi

writing to know, knowing thru being, being for writing... this is me, writing about the one thing i know, which is myself... and even that is sometimes a mystery...

Friday, July 15, 2005

surf-god zen

brief break in long line of airplane-related posts to talk about... surfing!
topics to be covered if and when i find the motivation:
  • relation to buddhism (my other hobby/interest of the moment)
  • stories from my many (3) surfing trips during vacation
  • why surfing is good for your mind, body and soul

...hmm, less to post about than i thought. maybe something will come to me. until then, here's a little poem i wrote after my first surfing experience (6/27/05):

surf-god zen

sun glowing thru island-grown foliage

green filtered light warming my salted face

the wind licking my ocean-stewed hair

coarse island grass feeling foreign on my sand-smoothed feet

ah. the waves are high and ripe for surfing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home