blOgbuefi

writing to know, knowing thru being, being for writing... this is me, writing about the one thing i know, which is myself... and even that is sometimes a mystery...

Friday, September 30, 2005

the happenings and goings-on report

hi, friendly readers and reading friends!

i've been up to my ears in work this week! want to see? well here you go:

Sunday: Community Life Council meeting, for which I am the treasurer. (remember this incident? yeah, well, the bitch is apparently also a power monger and a raving fascist. oh, the joys of petty undergraduate bureacracy and politics!) Also had a meeting for the Ernst Fall Fest committee. I'm in charge of getting bands and performers. I also work with the charity to which we are donating all the proceeds.

Monday: went to Bob Woodward's lecture. Surprisingly disappointing and uninspiring. Aside from his edgy (and risky!) harassment of the conservative audience-members, nothing really worth noting. Sorry, Bob.

Tuesday: huge linguistics exam (first of the year!) I had thought I did really well, but when I woke up the next morning, I realized that I had misread the directions for an entire section on the first page, and thus, missed at least 10-15 points out of 100. So, I am not too pleased with myself. Also, a WMSR meeting in the evening.

Wednesday: Writing Center meeting, EFF meeting, working with people doing promotional stuff for the concert.

Thursday: worked a 5 hour shift at center, covering for a friend who is in London (!) performing some of his poetry at an electronic poetry symposium. (he would probably hate the use of that word for it, but I can't think of another one that would give you an idea of how big a deal it is. And it is, exactly that: a BIG deal.) Read lots of papers and books...

Friday (today!): 10 am meeting with my Women and Theatre group to discuss our performance for next week (which I am quite excited about, as they finally took all of my directorial suggestions and interpretations. Plus, it's just a really awesome play, For Colored Girls Who Have Considered Suicide/When the Rainbow is Not Enuf by Shange. Read it. It's good.) Then off to WMUB for an interview for the board-op position. (I got it!) Later, going to see a movie with some friends and then planning for tomorrow's radio show (which I highly suggest you listen to!!!!)

...realize now there's better ways to spend my time than rambling on about this, especially since no one would really care to read about how busy my week has been.

so, onward and upward!
~o.s.

p.s. enjoy your weekend! and listen to THE AVOCADO COUCH!!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home