blOgbuefi

writing to know, knowing thru being, being for writing... this is me, writing about the one thing i know, which is myself... and even that is sometimes a mystery...

Saturday, March 18, 2006

conversation piece

hello, readership.

my friend brenton has been a real pal to me lately and i thought it would be nice to do this post for him. i don't normally do this sort of thing (that is, posting special messages for special individuals in a public setting), but i don't see why not. and, poor guy, he's actually been enjoying the blog more than i can understand or explain. (that's what happens i guess when i find a fan, silly public posts for specific individual's enjoyment). anyway, the contents of this post would have been in my email but i thought it'd be interesting to post for wider reading. and besides, it's kinda funny.

so, brenton, this one is for you. and all the others as well.

BFF (as always, but alas, i guess that's implied),
stephanie


BREEEEENTON!! ! !!! ! ! !! ! ! ! ! !1 !1 ! !! !
[...]
I'm glad that my blog posts have inspired all sorts of exciting things for you to say, and I can't wait to hear you say them, I am excited to listen! And maybe even talk back!

Word on the street is I've become really reticent lately and people (that is, more than one person) don't find conversation with me too enjoyable, which is too bad, but what can I do, you know? I feel bad that people haven't liked talking to me lately but I don't really know what to do about it. If I'm not that easy/ fun/ exciting/ interesting to talk to, I don't see what I can do that will make things different, especially if I hadn't realized this before other people pointed it out to me. Though I do miss the company. And chatting with people can be so pleasant, given the right setting. It's really an enjoyable experience if you're with the right people. But then again, I'm finding that people tend to overrate it.

Maybe if I took up some exciting/ dangerous hobby I would become a better conversationalist. Perhaps knife-throwing. Or bull-fighting. Or cock-fighting. Or basket-weaving. Or extreme underwater treasure-hunting. I'm sure if pressed, I could manage some friendly back-and-forth about my near-death experiences in any one of these areas. And if not, I could always revert to the usual casual fodder: the weather, sports, latest movies, gossip and the like. Though that stuff is really such boring dreck.

Though, I do feel the weather has been widely mistreated as a topic of conversation and I demand a reconsideration of its merits. I mean, let's just take a moment to contemplate the weather lately. The global climate change, the general warming, the increasing extremities (summers keep getting hotter and winters keep getting colder), the doomsday predictions from James Lovelock, the fantastic hurricane season we just witnessed (which is by no means intended to be disrespectful to Katrina victims).

I mean, really, there's a lot of potential there. But I guess not everyone finds that sort of thing appealing.

Thus, I suck at conversation.

Oh messy messy life.

With all its messy necessary interactions...

3 Comments:

  • At 3:45 PM, March 19, 2006, Blogger Brandon said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 3:46 PM, March 19, 2006, Blogger Brandon said…

    Despite not being Brenton, the fact that you are in my life makes me happy, and I enjoy your blogs/conversations/dreck. You need to know that I'm pretty much really really in like with you. Actually, I think I Love you ;-) And I am always more than willing to go drecking with you. Especially if elephants are involved. My mother would be so proud.

    PS We should make our own end of the universe predictions. Do you think snowglobes might be involved?

     
  • At 4:01 PM, March 19, 2006, Blogger Ogbuefi Stephi said…

    o brandon,
    how i am in like w/ thee as well.

    when i imagined the end of the world and snoglobes, i got a picture in my head of that scene in elf when will ferrel jumps on the floating ice sheet and the unicorn whale comes out of the sea and waves his little fin and goes "bye buddy. i hope you find your dad."

    that's what the end of the world would be like, should it happen in a snoglobe. only the giant whale wouldn't be so friendly.

    in fact, he would rise out of the sea and smash into your ice sheet, dragging you into the freezing cold water while trying to 1)impale you with his uni-horn and/or 2)smacking you repeatedly in the head with his tiny fin for being a human and taking part in ruining the earth as we've been doing.

    it's not too nice of a picture, but i guess it's kinda funny. in a sick kind of a way.

    ah well. still working on conversation, obviously...

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home