blOgbuefi

writing to know, knowing thru being, being for writing... this is me, writing about the one thing i know, which is myself... and even that is sometimes a mystery...

Friday, March 17, 2006

live from the road to chicago!

hello, readership.

blogbuefi is on the road in the next 24 hours, via indiana(polis) to chicago.

one thing about travelling, really gets me down, is having to stop to eat. i hate the feeling i get when i pull into the parking lot of a roadside diner or truckstop and have to force myself to buy some food when i feel so depressed just thinking about my surroundings and the act of buying food from such an establishment. it makes me lose my appetite altogether and wish i never had to eat.

it just makes me so aware of where my food is coming from and the fact that it's exchanged so many hands and is so far removed from the earth at that point that you might as well call it man-made.

puts me in a real existential funk. that's why i hate travelling in general really.

nothing real, everything transient, packaged for transience, immediacy and convenience.

nothing real, nothing to base a friendship on, fleeting glances and speeding window strangers passing on interstate gliding dew in windshield crusty birdshit scratching whirring to chicago...

125 miles to go.

godspeed,
o.stephi

5 Comments:

  • At 11:28 AM, March 18, 2006, Blogger Brenton Calaway said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 11:32 AM, March 18, 2006, Blogger Brenton Calaway said…

    Yeah, I know what you mean, it's like those coney dogs in the sandwich machine at king library -- god those things are good -- wait a minute... what was I saying?

     
  • At 12:11 PM, March 18, 2006, Blogger Ogbuefi Stephi said…

    come again, brenton?

    you ate coney dogs out of a vending machine in king?!

    o god, brenton, remind me when i return that we need to go out for real food again.

    if the senior project doesn't kill you, that stuff will.
    -stephanie

     
  • At 5:19 PM, March 18, 2006, Blogger The ZenFo Pro said…

    Re: King vending...

    Laughing my ass off.

    Yeah, truckstops are a bit rank in terms of decent grub. Why is it there is always an overabundance of beef jerky but no turkey? And how about some damned meatless products, maybe some fresh veggies?

    Hopeya had a nice trip!

     
  • At 9:15 PM, March 18, 2006, Blogger Ogbuefi Stephi said…

    thanks, j.
    actually the interviews were total let downs, more on that later, but yeah...

    i totally agree with you. i think that's the REAL reason i hate travelling: no fruit or veggies to eat. i always feel so gross eating all that heavily processed food.

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home