blOgbuefi

writing to know, knowing thru being, being for writing... this is me, writing about the one thing i know, which is myself... and even that is sometimes a mystery...

Monday, March 13, 2006

sweet ass van (redux) / spring break post

happy belated spring break eve, everyone!

this is the time of year most young people traditionally use to spend in tropical locales, sunning poolside and drinking kahlua while getting rubbed down by the towel boy at some luxe resort their parents' friends happen to own.

not me, though (and i'm perfectly ok with that, thanks). i'm spending most of my break at home i think, working on the three or so papers i have been putting off due to illness, fatigue, the western program disaster, and my generally waning level of interest in schoolwork.

that and stressing out about my internships for the summer. i don't know when i'm going to have the time to head up there for interviews now. yikes, time is definitely running out. o, and my program coordinator informed me yesterday that my applications were somehow lost in the mail, which means she faxed incomplete app.'s to my future employers instead. yeesh, nothing is going right.

plus, i'm not sure i'm the good student/ smart person i used to think i was. i don't know what it is, but i can tell you i wish i were half the brilliant i used to be. at least, i hear i was smart. i wonder what happened... all those "drunken" nights? or it must have been the music. too much head-banging shook it outta me.

anyway, before i freak myself the hell out just remembering all there is to stress out about, i offer you, the readership, the spring breakin' van:


his name is murphy and he takes you to magical places, such as west palms, florida, where you can forget your school-related worries and turn all that troubled energy instead to figuring out what the hell you're gonna do when florida is suddenly swallowed up by the sea and all you've got is a huge ass 1979 volkswagon westfalia camper with retractable banana-tinted awning to cling to for your life's sake.

uh-huh. yeah.

but it sure beats schoolwork, right?

enjoy the spbreakin', kids.
-o.stephi

2 Comments:

  • At 11:08 PM, March 13, 2006, Blogger Brenton Calaway said…

    CHICAGO!!!!! Ooooo, Ooooooo, I want to go! For some reason this city keeps pulling me back. I took two road trips there last summer and I'm always itchin' for another, that is if I get take the van.

    P.S. Chin-up, you'll make it kid, you've got the best résumé of anyone I know.

     
  • At 9:37 PM, March 14, 2006, Blogger Ogbuefi Stephi said…

    thanks, brenton.
    maybe we can both go to chicago together, it'll be you, me and murphy, cruisin' along the highway til we reach chicago, and then straightaway until we hit navy pier and then straight on thru to the ocean!

    let me know when you wanna leave.
    cuz i'm itchin' to get out and have nothing left to keep me here or anywhere really.

    bff,
    stephanie

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home